1. Check for hardware and system requirement
For Server :
- Windows 2003 Server SP 2
- Windows 2008 Server
- Pervasive 9.7(32bit)
- Pervasive 10.2(32bit&64bit)
- Microsoft SQL 2005 SP 3(32bit & 64bit)
- Microsoft SQL 2008 (32bit & 64bit)
- Windows XP SP 3
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
2. Run The following Task :
- Post transactions in Project and Job Costing (if you are upgrading from version 5.3 or 5.4).
- Invoice any partially invoiced P/O receipts that included serialized or lotted items.
- Run Day End Processing (if you use Inventory Control).
- Post any open batches in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Post bank reconciliations, create a G/L batch in Bank Services, and clear the Bank Reconciliation Posting Journal. (The Update Notice contains additional important information about this task.)
- Post any open G/L batches in General Ledger.
- Deactivate any Sage Accpac Options (UniDevCo) products you used with the previous version.
- Back up your company data.
- Perform Database Dumps of IBM DB2 Data (if you used DB2 in the previous version).
Good luck and don't forget one more important part "Pray" :D