Friday, 10 July 2009
First On the SQL :
Create 2 database : 1 for system and the other one is for data. Normally myself will put the name like XXXSYS, and then for data is XXXDAT
Second : Create ODBC
1. Open Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Data Sources(ODBC)
2. Select System DSN Tab and then click Add
3. Choose SQL Server Then Click Finish
4. Put Name for the ODBC like Accpac , select the SQL Server name from drop down list
5. Click Next put in the SQL user id or if you use windows user id then click next
6. Just let everything on default until Finish.
Third : Sage Accpac Database Setup
1. Open Start\All Program\Sage Accpac\Database Setup
2. Put in Admin Password
3. Click New
4. Put in database ID first will be the XXXSYS , Database Format : Microsoft SQL, Database Category : System
5. Click Ok
6. Choose Data Source that we just created in this case Accpac
7. Put in SQL User id and password
8. Put in Database Name XXXSYS then click ok
9. Next Click New again and this time is for XXXDAT, Database Format Microsoft SQL, Database Category Company and system database id is XXXSYS.
10. Follow the same step from 6-8 then click ok.
There now you have 1 new database and you are ready to go. Now open Sage Accpac and start the database creation module by module. Good Luck.
Friday, 26 June 2009
Web Deployment issues are among the most popular topics we discuss in Customer Support.
A common error message that users encounter when logging onto an Accpac ERP 5.4 or 5.5 servers via Web Deployment is:
Error occurred when connecting to Sage Accpac Server
Whenever users need to access the Sage Accpac Web Deployment either internally or externally on their network, ports 9000 to 9180 (by default) are opened on the web server.
If external connection is desired, the externally facing router or gateway could be configured to properly redirect all traffic from these ports to the web server.
By default, when Windows Firewall is enabled, these ports are blocked. It is never a good idea nor is it a best-practice to turn off the firewall, even during testing.
We could not find a convenient tool to easily open a range of ports for Windows Firewall. For that, the Support team developed a utility which will allow users to do just that -- open/close a range of ports for Windows Firewall. At this time, it has been tested for following operating systems:
- Windows XP x32 and x64
- Windows Vista x32 and x64
- Windows 2003 Server x32 and x64
- Windows 2008 Server, x32 and x64
If you needed the file please contact us. Should you run into the above scenario, try it out and come back and tell us about your experience. Did it resolve the issue for you? Could we fine-tune the utility further to make it more user-friendly? We would love to hear from you.
Thursday, 18 June 2009
When attempting to process a function in an Advantage Series module such as Day End processing in Inventory Control or batch posting in the General Ledger, one or more of the following errors may occur.
Error pcsStart Error
Error pcsStart error (1046 ICDEP1.C)
Error pcsStart error (1224 GLJPSTI.C)
Subsequently, the process may not complete and a restart record may be created.
Rename the RESTART.ism file located in C:\Program Files\ACCPAC\SITE folder(This is the default location but your particular installation may be to a different directory). Once that is done, reprocess the function that originally generated the error.
Note: The RESTART.ism file will be recreated automatically as the program needs it however, it will not retain any of your previous restart records. It may be necessary to process all outstanding restart records prior to renaming the file
Wednesday, 1 April 2009
Key functionality in each of these areas was tested using Version 5.4 with the latest service pack and Version 5.5. Tests were conducted in a controlled environment using identical hardware and software configurations for both versions’ tests. In many cases, multiple scenarios were set up to replicate different real world situations – different combinations of numbers of records, numbers of Details, and numbers of Optional Fields.
So here are the Result of the testing:
Overall, the series of tests determined that in all of the key functionality areas, Version 5.5 performed better than Version 5.4. Some of the findings* include faster performance in these operations:
-posting AP invoices (faster by 27%);
-importing AP payments (60%);
-posting AR invoices (41%);
-importing AR receipts (68%);
-importing GL journal entries (28%);
-PJC AP payments (77%);
-OE Day End Processing after invoices (42%).
Here are some samples of performance improvements that were experienced in the test environment:
- Post 50 AR invoices with 500 Details 90 seconds faster than on Version 5.4
- Post 50 AP payments with 500 Details 6 minutes faster
- Post 50 AR receipts with 500 Details nearly 8 minutes faster
- Import 20 GL entries with 1,000 Details (and Optional Fields) 3 minutes faster
- Enter 20 shipments with 25 Details 58 seconds faster
- Post 200 line revenue recognition in Project & Job Costing almost 9 minutes faster
So need more speed? Upgrade you Sage Accpac to the latest version
Monday, 16 February 2009
The following are the steps to do partial transfer of items:
1. From the I/C Transaction folder, click Transfers.
2. Click the New icon to create a new document.
3. For Document Type select Transfer.
4. In the detail grid, enter values in the Item Number, From Location, To Location, Requested Qty and Transfer Quantity fields.
To simulate partial transfer, enter a transfer quantity that is less than the requested qty.
o Enter 10 for Requested Quantity.
o Enter 7 for Transfer Quantity.
o This results to an outstanding quantity of 3.
5.Click Post to post and generate the document number.
6.Select "No" to the question "Do you want to delete this transfer after posting?"
At this point the user can no longer open the document and transfer the outstanding quantities. Instead, to complete the transfer, user can create a new document and use the incomplete transfer as reference transfer number.
Perform the following steps to complete the transfer:
1. Click on the New icon to create a new document.
2. For Document Type select Transfer.
3. For Transfer Number enter the transfer number of the incomplete document. Based on the example, the 'Outstanding Qty' should have 3 and 'Transfer Quantity' should also have 3.
4. Click Post to complete the transfer of the outstanding quantities.
Tuesday, 10 February 2009
For customers that would like to use Sql server 2008 please contact our office at 7660349 to get the latest product update for Sage Accpac 55.
Monday, 2 February 2009
The answer is YES, Misys manufacturing is a 3rd party company that specialized in manufacturing system since the dos version. In the Windows Version Misys introduce 3 different level of product :
Level 1 : Basic manufacturing(include multilevel BOM, Purchase Order)
Level 2 : Production Planning and scheduling(PPIC)
Level 3 : Machine capacity,BOM Routing
In misys, the system support 15levels of BOM and it completely help you on planning what to produce, when to produce, when to buy, how many to buy, from whom you need to buy.
So decide on your need or if you confused feel free to ask us, we will gladly to help you.