- Backup. Whatever you do, backup your data first.
- Add the new year in the Fiscal Calendar. (You may want to check Options in G/L Setup to see which fiscal year you are in. You don’t want to get ahead of yourself and move to far into the future!)
- Start with the subledgers first. Post all your outstanding batches in your subledgers.
- Make sure all users are out of the subledgers.
- Print your reports, and run Clear History, Delete Inactive Records, and Clear Statistics. Some of these functions may remove history and affect drilldown functions, so make sure you have a backup before you do anything! You don’t want to be even more lost!
- Run the Year End function in the subledgers.
- In General Ledger, you will also want to post all the outstanding batches.
- Verify the number of years of history/fiscal sets you have set to maintain.
- Run Period End Maintenance and Clear History. Again, make sure you have a backup as this will remove information. Also print out all your reports before doing this.
- Finally, you can run the Create New Year function, which will actually put the company in the new fiscal year.The menu can be found in GL Periodic Processing\Create New Year
And one more thing to remind even though you have close the year, you still can update the data and Accpac will update Ending and opening balance in your report...
Good luck and remember not to stay in your office until morning for year end ....